Cairo & Western Desert 8 Days/7 Nights
Cairo is the city of dreams. It is everything that one would want and expect of such an ancient city. It has one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world as well as vibrancy, color, stunning architecture, labyrinths of narrow, bustling streets, quiet corners where people drink tea and smoke the water pipes watching the world go by and the ever-buzzing bazaars where you will be swept up in the moment.
El-Wahat El-Bahariya; or el-Bahariya is a depression and oasis in the Western Desert of Egypt. It is approximately 370 km away from Cairo. The roughly oval valley extends from north-east to south-west, has a length of 94 km, a maximum width of 42 km and covers an area of about 2000 km². The valley is surrounded by mountains and has numerous springs. Bahariya Oasis, an unspoilt refugee, isn’t only the place where you can sense adventures through desert safaris and excursions, but it is also the place that will take you on a journey through the mysterious life of the Pharaohs. It is home to most antiquities and relics that belong to the 26th dynasty that is also known as the Saite Period. One of the major archeological sites to visit is Alexander the Great Temple . Another interesting monument is the largest Ptolemaic necropolis dedicated to the Ibis bird, an object of religious veneration in ancient Egypt. The Valley of the Golden Mummies is a must see site too.
Day 1: (D) Arrive Cairo; meet & assists then transfer to your Hotel for check-in, dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: (B.L.D) Breakfast, and then start our visit to Pyramids & Sphinx, lunch during tour; Dinner and overnight at the Hotel.
Day 3: (B.L.D) Early morning Breakfast; pick-up from hotel going ahead to Bahariya oasis where we will have our lunch and later we take the 4x4 and start our desert Safari trip towards the White desert national park and on the way we will visit • The Black desert • El Haiz village with its Natural cold spring • The Crystal mountain Area • Agabat area (Wonders area). Overnight Camp, dinner and Bedouin party in Agabat (Wonders area).
Day 4: (B.L.D) Early morning after breakfast we tour move to the sand dunes and do sand boarding and after that we continue our tour towards the magnificent white desert and on our way we will visit • The Big and small Valley • The Magic spring (3000 years old Roman spring in the heart of the desert) • we enjoy the millions of natural sculpture rocks in the white desert. Overnight Camp, Dinner and Bedouin party and the Bedouin flute.
Day 5: (B.L.D) Early morning after breakfast we will take the sand dunes track and the Old Darb Al arbaeen info and we head to Dakhla Oasis and we visit • Deer El Hajar (Pharaonic palace). • Mezawaka Pharaonic Roman tombs. • El Qasr the oldest Islamic city in the western desert • Overnight Camp, Dinner and Bedouin party.
Day 6: (B.L.D) Early morning after breakfast we continue our tour in Dakhla oasis and visit • Balat Historical Islamic city • Balat Pharaonic City (kyla Baba) • Ain Assel • Bashandi Historical Village, later we continue our trip towards Kharga oasis and visit • Kharhga Oasis Museum • Nadoura Pharaonic temple • Bagawat historical Coptic city • Overnight Camp , Dinner and Bedouin party in Labekha sand dunes.
Day 7: (B.L.D) Early morning after breakfast we visit • Elzayan palace • Ghouita temple, later on we move to Luxor – Check in, dinner and overnight at your Hotel in Luxor.
Day 8: (B) Breakfast at the hotel and check-out, free time and later on to be transferred to Cairo International Airport to catch your departure flight.
- Accomodation: 4* Hotel.
- Meals: (B) Breakfast (L) Lunch (D) Dinner as per daily itinerary.
- Transportation: the entire itinerary from by 4WD land Cruiser maximum of 5 pax per car.
- Tented camp: • Spacious, well ventilated dome tents including mattresses, blankets, sleeping bags • All necessary cooking gear, kitchen utensils, mugs and glassware • Fire grill and cooking stoves.
- Accommodation: Best hotels in the relevant locations.
- Food & beverages: Picnic lunch or at a local restaurant, on board of the 4WD 300 cl mineral water at disposal per day.
- Visits and excursions: All entrance fees and permissions for all visits as well professional Desert guides.
- Insurance: All cars and participants joining our tours are insured against accidents.
- Participants should bring: Hats, sun glasses, Sun cream, Prescription medicine, Passport’s and copies, Sandals, Bathing suits, Sweat shirts and trousers for night time, Shorts and t-shirts for mornings, Scarf, Flash light, Depending on the location, expect basic conditions and some long driving days.
- Tour leader should be notified of any special medical requirements (Diabetes, Blood pressure).